Why We should use sunscreen
Why we should use sunscreen
Summer is here, the beach is calling and the water so tempting that we just want to grab our towel and go play. We grab our snacks and ice cold drink and away we go. Did you grab your sun screen too?
Sunscreen is the most important part of our daily Beauty Regime. We need to use sunscreen as long as we will be spending some time outdoors which means every day.
The dangers of sun exposure
As much as we all love the sun there are serious consequences when we get too much sun exposure. Overexposure to the sun causes sunburn, premature aging of the skin, wrinkling, and skin cancer, including melanoma. . During the summer months, the importance of sunscreen cannot be understated, as it helps keep ultraviolet rays – UVA and UVB – from damaging the skin. However, the sun’s most serious threat is that it is the major cause of skin cancer, which the most common of all cancers.
How can I avoid the harmful effects of the sun?
Staying out of the sun is the best way to avoid sun damage, but most of us go outdoors regularly. So when you go outside, take these precautions:
- Always wear sunscreen every day
- Avoid sun in the middle of the day, from about 10 am to 3 pm. The ultraviolet rays, which cause sunburn, are strongest during this time.
- Wear protective clothing. When you do go outdoors, especially for long periods in the middle of the day.
What to look for when you buy sunscreen
The SPF number on your sunscreen bottle stands for Sun Protection Factor. These SPF ratings start at 2 and can reach as high as 70. They measure a sunscreen’s effect against UVB rays and the amount of time you can be in the sun before burning. So, the higher the SPF number, the more sunburn protection the cream provides
- Pick a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects against UV-A and UV-B rays and has a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30.
- Read product labels. Look for a waterproof brand if you will be sweating or swimming. Buy a non-stinging product or one specifically formulated for your face.
- Use a water-based sunscreen if you have oily skin or are prone to acne.
- Be aware of the expiration date because some sunscreen ingredients might degrade over time.
Why Heliocare is the best Sunscreen
Heliocare is one of the best Sunscreen available as Heliocare provides advanced anti-ageing UV protection.
- Heliocare mineral filters expertly combined to provide high level UVA/UVB protection with an elegant skin-feel & look.
- Heliocare sunblock is Oil-free, easy-apply, light to the touch formulation, with an elegance that encourages daily use.
- Fernblock-natural fern extract rich in polyphenols and flavonoids, combined with Green Tea extract
- provides biological photo-protection. Protection enhancers
- Ultrasomes; naturally derived endonucleases help provide DNA protection and repair.
- Sunspheres; increase the effectiveness of the UVA/UVB filters. Size: 50 ml.
Heliocare sunscreens are gentle on the skin and can be found at The Wembley MediSpa.