Understanding Massage & Its Benefits.
Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Massage may range from light stroking to deep pressure. There are many different types of massage, including these common types:
- Swedish massage.This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
- Deep massage.This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage.This is similar to Swedish massage, but it’s geared toward people involved in sport activities to help prevent or treat injuries.
- Trigger point massage.This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries or overuse.
What are the benefits of massage to the body?
This form of therapy involves hands-on techniques to increase circulation, relieve tension, reduce stress, relieve anxiety, improve sleep, and promote relaxation throughout the entire body, as well as many other benefits. The body’s soft tissue areas include the muscles, tendons, connective tissue, etc.
While more research is needed to confirm the benefits of massage, some studies have found massage may also be helpful for:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
Massage for weight loss:
Increases Blood Circulation: A full body massage has been designed specifically to help you lose weight. Tones Muscles: Weight loss massages will definitely help in toning up your body, especially the muscle area. It will also decrease the appearance of cellulite
Do Massages release toxins?
There are a number of ways massage releases toxins from your system. Massage causes chemicals to be released within the body, which bring toxins out of your muscles. This helps release toxins through the lymphatic system, while providing other health benefits.
Why should you drink water after a massage?
Drinking water after massage is recommended. One reason is that water will help the kidneys and other organs process the various substances which move through the body on a regular basis and after a massage treatment, a lot of toxins have been released, so you need to flush them out.
Relaxation is Key!