Liposuction is a surgical procedure that uses a suction technique to remove adipose tissue from specific areas of the body, such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms, or neck. Liposuction also contours these areas. Liposuction requires going under anaesthesia for the procedure. This means you will not feel any pain during the liposuction surgery. However, you will feel pain after the procedure.
What to Avoid Before Your Liposuction procedure?
- Do not Omit Health Details During Your Liposuction Consultation.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding.
- Avoid Smoking Prior to Surgery.
How to prepare for your liposuction procedure
- Book a pre opp with dr. at least 1-2 weeks before your procedure
- Nil per mouth from 12pm previous evening
- Schedule a follow up for after surgery
- Approximate recovery after liposuction is as follows:
- DAY 1 Return home, some bruising and mild swelling.
- DAY 1-2 Aching, throbbing.
- DAYS 2 May shower or bathe. Keep incisions dry.
- DAY 7 May start to wear cover make up.
- WEEKS 2-8 Your surgeon will require you to wear a compression garment after surgery to control swelling and decrease bruising. Compression garments will assist with the shaping of your results.
- You will probably also have to take some antibiotics to prevent infection.
- Most people can return to work within a few days and get back to normal activities within 2 weeks.
- 6 MONTHS Enjoy your result.
- Maintain a Healthy Diet. Right after the procedure, it is important to drink plenty of liquids to stay well hydrated.
Avoid staying stationary, taking blood thinners, vigorous exercise, and spending a long time in the bath.