A facelift, also known as rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that lifts and tightens these facial tissues. A facelift can involve removing excess skin, smoothing out folds or wrinkles, and tightening facial tissue. It does not include a brow or eye lift, although these might be done at the same time.
How painful is a facelift?
While it may seem like facelift surgery should be an incredibly painful procedure, the truth is that most patients are surprised at how little discomfort they experience.
- Most patients experience some discomfort, but medication can relieve tenderness. Bruising and swelling will be at their worst after 2 days, and they can persist for a few days.
- Recovery normally takes around 10days-2 weeks, and vigorous activity can resume after 4 weeks How to prepare for surgery?
- Book a pre opp with dr. Pillay at least 1-2 weeks before your procedure
- Nil per mouth from 12pm previous evening
- Schedule a follow up after surgery
- Arrange transport for after surgery