What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable substances designed to:
- Erase wrinkles
- Augment lips
- Enhance volume
- Restore the youthful three dimensional contour of the face.
[expand title=”Read More”]
Hyaluronic acid fillers
The hyaluronic acid fillers are sterile, clear, Dermal Filler gels made of chemically modified hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in the fluids surrounding cells and tissues. Hyaluronic acid is found in the human body in the skin, cartilage, joints and the eye. In skin tissue, hyaluronic acid fills the space between collagen and elastin fibres. The role of hyaluronic acid in skin is to deliver nutrients, hydrate the skin by holding in water and to act as a cushioning agent. Hyaluronic acid is hygroscopic which means that it draws water very strongly to it, yielding a larger volume effect than the material would have by itself. Made from highly purified natural hyaluronic acid, the gel is gradually absorbed by your body through natural mechanisms.
What areas can Dermal Fillers treat?
- The typical areas treated are:
- Nasolabial folds (lines from the end of the nose to the end of the lips),
- Perioral area (wrinkles around the lips),
- Wrinkles of the cheeks, and
- Marionette lines (lines from the corners of the mouth to the jawline, accentuating the downturn of the mouth)
- Lip augmentation which provides definition to lips which have become thin and wrinkled
- Volume replacement for “tear-trough deformity” (hollow under-eye circles), hollow cheeks, cheek-lift, brow-lift and
- Re-sculpting and strengthening the jaw line by lessening the effect of jowls and sagging.
What to expect after a Dermal Filler treatment?
There is mild redness and swelling after the procedure which rapidly subsides. Try to avoid aspirin containing products or high-dosage vitamin E supplements for 10 days prior to the procedure to avoid bruising which may occur especially after treatments of the lips and cheeks.
You may put makeup on immediately and resume whatever activities you have planned, as long as you appreciate that you may have bruising which may last for up to a ten days after the procedure.
Can dermal fillers be combined with other treatments?
Dermal fillers are commonly performed at the same visit as Botulinum Toxin. Botulinum Toxin helps with the upper one-third of the face whereas injectable fillers generally help with the lower two-thirds. The combination is one of the most widely used and most effective methods of achieving a significant aesthetic improvement within 1-2 week’s time.
The Wembley MediSpa is proud to have Dr. Pillay as part of our team as he is one of the leading experts in the industry on administering Botox and Dermal Fillers. A consultation is needed prior to any treatment with our aesthetic doctor, Dr. Pillay. During the consultation he will formulate the best possible Treatment Schedule addressing all of your needs and concerns. Schedule an appointment with our expert Doctor in order to see just what difference these treatments can make to your life, at a fraction of the cost of surgery.