Stem Cells & Microneedling – The Perfect duo for a Beautiful Skin
If you are new to the process of microneedling, you might not be thrilled with the idea of actually rolling some needles on your face. However, this is one of the most efficient skin care treatments of the moment.
Microneedling is a process which involves controlled piercings of the skin’s uppermost layer, a process which releases countless healing bio-signals. When performed correctly, microneedling results in a boost of collagen production, which results in less wrinkles, and an overall healthier and more radiant skin. This process is a lot less invasive than laser treatments, and it has been proven to be extremely efficient, not only for wrinkles but also for acne scars and hyper-pigmentation. Microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment that causes controlled micro-injuries to the skin to stimulate new collagen and elastin in the reticular dermis. This natural wound-healing process involves activation of neutrophils and the release of cytokines and growth factors that stimulate fibroblast proliferation, re-epithelialisation and collagen remodelling.
Stem cells contain growth factors that may help to heal wounds, repair damaged tissues, regenerate aged skin, and reinvigorate growth of skin, hair, nails, and mucous membranes. There are various types of stem cells, including human stem cell-conditioned medium, and plant stem cells. However it is worth noting that only patented plant cell activators are scientifically proven to stimulate dermal cells. This combined treatment is an emerging anti-ageing treatment and recent studies suggest that, statistically, there is significant improvement in hydration, melanin, skin texture, dermal thickness and collagen, compared to microneedling alone. Stem cells thus accelerates the entire process.Between anti-aging ingredients that are worshipped to the ones that are obscure, figuring out which ingredient will kick Father Time’s ass is enough to give you wrinkles. And now skin-care manufacturers have added another anti-aging contender: stem cells.
Medical researchers have long studied the ability of stem cells, which can regenerate and form almost any cell type in the body, to treat numerous chronic diseases. Now skin-care brands are hoping that stem cells can deliver the powerful results in the cosmetics industry that they have in medicine. But are they worth the hype?
Here are some facts you should know about stem cells before you spend a dime.
1. Skin care contains either plant or human stem cells.
2. Plant and human cells actually operate in comparable ways. “There are similarities in the way stem cells function in both plants and animals to sustain growth and repair tissues.
3. Stem cells contain two key components: growth factors, which play a role in cell division, the growth of new cells, and the production of collagen and elastin; and proteins, which regulate that stem-cell division. When applied to your skin, these two components help firm wrinkles and slow the development of new lines.
4. Plant stem cells still have benefits. Products that contain antioxidant-rich fruits or plants as a source still offer free-radical-fighting benefits.
5. The amount of stem cells in the product matters. Check the ingredient list on the back label to see how much of the active ingredients are in the product. Stem cells should be listed first on the ingredient label; if they’re listed last, that indicates the product contains such a small percentage that the effect is likely to be minimal.
Microneedling alone is a successful treatment for skin rejuvenation, however, used in combination with stem cells, it can accelerate the natural wound-healing response, providing more stimulation of growth factors with a faster healing response and reduced downtime.
For more information on Microneedling, please contact us on 021 465 6557 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.