New and Exciting virtually pain free laser hair removal
The Wembley MediSpa introduce Painless hair removal.
What is different about the SopranoICE laser hair removal machine?
Soprano Ice is the complete revolutionary solution for hair removal. The most comfortable hair removal laser in the world. Based on clinically proven SHR technology the SopranoICE can operate at 10 hertz per second, creating one of the fastest treatments in the world.
Benefits of the Soprano Ice:
- Lighter hand piece
- Improved cooling system
- Larger spot size
- Fast coverage rate and the highest quality diode laser (810nm) in the industry
- No use of aesthetician or numbing gels needed for treatments.
- SHR and in-motion technology produces extremely effective results with minimum risk.
- Rather than exposing the hair follicle to a single high energy pulse, which can cause trauma to skin with a high melanin count SHR gradually heats the skin until the required heat energy is delivered to the hair follicles until they can no longer produce new hair. This makes SHR a safe and comfortable laser hair removal option also for darker skin types.
- The device we use is more than just hair removal and can also give relieve for minor muscle aches and pains. 810nm laser diode provides reliable results.
How long do the Soprano Hair removal treatments take?
Each area takes a few minutes to treat. While an upper lip can be one minute, underarms just 90 seconds. These times does not include the preparation time but it will give you a good idea how quick treatments can be. For larger areas like a full leg or back will take up to 30 min. You can treat various areas on the body and face at the same time. We suggest that you make use of the combination treatments on our price list if you should want to treat more than one area in the same time as it will work out much less than doing per area treatments
Does it work on all hair colours?
It is the pigment in the hairs themselves that convert the SHR into the heat necessary for permanent hair reduction. So it follows that the less pigment there is, the less effective the procedure.
Optimal hair conditions for a treatment
- Hair removal will bring optimal efficacy on coarse pigmented hair where a maximum permanent hair reduction of up to 90% can be obtained.
- The hair reduction rate will depend on the body location and on the hair texture.
- The influence of hormonal changes of instance could interfere with the growth cycle and stimulate follicles in a dormant stage.
- The hair reduction will only be transient on white and /or very fine vellus that would be lighter than the colour of the skin.
Is it safe?
SHR has over 6 years of clinically proven effectiveness and are FDA cleared for all skin and hair types for permanent hair reduction. Fitzpatrick skin types 1 – V – VI and tanned skins. It is used to treat hundreds of thousands of patients worldwide, with beautiful results and we are one of the first to get the Soprano Ice in Cape Town
Do the Soprano Ice laser hair removal treatments hurt?
The most remarkable difference between the Pain-Free, Hair-Free procedure and any other hair removal procedures (including other laser procedures) is the absence of pain. SopranoICE in motion technology, along with the DualChill mechanism, ensures your comfort during the treatment. In general the procedure has being likened to a hot stone massage.
Number of sessions needed
- The hair cycle is complex and varies from one body location to another.
- The number of sessions depends also on the skin type and the nature of the hair (Colour and thickness).
- On the average, one area treatment will require between 6 to 12 sessions.
Interval in-between sessions
- Only growing and mature hair can be effectively treated. For the first 2 to 3 sessions, observe a minimum interval time between two consecutive sessions of;
- 4 to 6 weeks
When will I start to see results?
Results will be visible after the first treatment and hair shedding of the active hair will start between 5 days and 3 weeks.
What will my post treatment routine be?
Use SPF 30 (or higher) sunscreen on the treated area between treatments and for 6 weeks afterwards.
· Washing the treated area with hot water for 24 hours
· Hot baths or saunas for 24 hours
· Excessive exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
What risks and side-effects can I expect?
Not observing the guidelines especially related to sun exposure may lead to a transient but long lasting/hypo/hyperpigmentation that may last on the average 3 months.
On sensitive areas, an oedema (redness) may develop but will remain no longer than 2 days.
Some spots may lead to a purpura or micro-crusting that will remain 3-5 days after the session. It will then be very important neither to rub the skin nor to expose it to the sun.
Any post-session effects is to be reported and you will be given corresponding treatment and advice.