Confused between true laser hair removal and light based procedures? No need to stress,we’ll help you decide!
Laser hair removal is a gentle and effective way to permanently reduce unwanted hair from virtually any area of the body.
Laser hair removal is most effective when hair is in the growth stage. Because hair grows in cycles, laser hair removal patients typically require a series of four to six sessions spaced approximately one month apart for maximum results.
Effectiveness of Treatment
Average number of treatments
Level of discomfort
General level of patient satisfaction
| True Laser
All skin types
|Light based procedures
Fair skin only
During Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Typically, the areas to be treated are shaved a few days prior to the laser hair removal treatment.
- Gel and cooling packs can be used to make the treatment feel more comfortable and to reduce inflammation.
- Both the patient and the laser hair removal technician need to wear special glasses that are designed to filter out harmful light during the treatment.
After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Although patients can return to normal activities immediately after laser hair removal treatment, some swelling and redness may occur.
- Ice, anti-inflammatory creams, or aloe gels or lotions may also be applied to the treated area to minimize discomfort and.
- Many patients have compared the ensuing discomfort to mild sunburn.
- Patients are scheduled for subsequent treatments four to six weeks after the initial procedure. Treatments will continue until the growth of hair has been eliminated.
- After multiple laser hair removal sessions, the results of your treatment will be evident.
- Most patients enjoy an 80 to 90 percent reduction in hair growth.
- Although the laser hair removal results are permanent, some patients may need occasional touch-up sessions to treat individual hairs.
Laser Hair Removal Benefits
- Patients enjoy a permanent reduction in unwanted hair and smooth, soft skin after laser hair removal treatments.
- Results can, in some instances, slowly fade and necessitate touch-up laser hair removal treatment sessions, they are typically necessary only once a year or less. However, most patients experience long-lasting, beautiful results.
- Laser hair removal can easily treat large areas of hair growth in a relatively short amount of time. The treatment is much more efficient than shaving or tweezing on a regular basis.
- At-home self-treatment may be cheaper, it also takes much more time and effort to remove hair than it does with laser hair removal. Also, tweezing and shaving do not offer permanent results like laser hair removal does.
- Laser hair removal also makes it possible to achieve satisfying results without the pain associated with other types of treatments like waxing.
- Lastly, laser hair removal provides excellent results with less risk of skin irritation than the use of depilatories, or hair removal creams. The main active chemical in depilatory creams can actually melt away skin cells, causing mild to severe skin irritation. And, while hair removal creams can provide good results, they are only temporary.
Find out more about our laser hair removal treatments in Cape Town.