Love Your Lips With Dermal Fillers
Dermal Fillers is a cosmetic procedure that can give you fuller, plumper lips.
These days, an injectable dermal filler is the most commonly used method of lip augmentation.
There are many types of dermal fillers that can be injected in your lips and around your mouth. But the most common fillers today are products that contain substances similar to hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the body. It helps increase volume in your lips.
These types of dermal fillers are sometimes called “hyaluronic acid fillers.”
Collagen, once the most common dermal filler, is used less often today. The newer options are safer and the effects last longer.
Fat injections and implants are other methods to plump lips. But they aren’t used as much today because the results vary and there is a greater risk of side effects.
Uses of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Hyaluronic acid fillers can improve the appearance of your lips by adding:
The effects typically last around eight to nine months. After that more injections are needed to keep the volume of your lips.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Once injected, the gel in the filler supports and shapes the tissues of the lips.
The benefits of using hyaluronic acid fillers include:
- Control over lip volume. The amount of substance injected can be controlled, so the doctor has better control over how much lip volume is created.
- Gradual pace of treatment. The injections can be given gradually during different appointments until the desired results are achieved.
- Bumps dissolve easily. Any lumps and bumps created by movement of the lips can be dissolved easily.
- Less bruising. There may be less bruising and swelling compared to other dermal fillers.
- Reasonably lasting results. The results are reasonably long-lasting, but not permanent.
- Allergic reaction unlikely. Because hyaluronic acid fillers are made from substances similar to those found in the body, they are unlikely to cause an allergic reaction. But if you are allergic to lidocaine, tell your doctor before being treated.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT BEFORE TREATMENT?
Your physician will have an in-depth consultation with you to understand your needs and what facial features you would like to enhance. They will explain all the options to make sure that your Juvéderm® treatment totally satisfies your expectations.
WILL THERE BE SWELLING?
Following a filler injection, you may experience slight redness, swelling, or bruising at the injected area. These effects should not last for more than a week. Remember, 12 hours after your procedure you can cover up any skin discoloration with makeup.
Your physician will advise you on your aftercare. You may be advised to stop wearing makeup for up to 12 hours. You may also be told to avoid the sun, as well as saunas and steam rooms, for 2 weeks. Some people experience a little temporary tenderness, swelling or bruising around the injection sites. It is also recommended that you avoid additional treatments in the treated area for the next 7 days.