How to look 10 years younger with Laser skin rejuvenation?
What is Laser Skin Rejuvenation?
The Limelight™ Facial is a new, non-invasive approach to skin rejuvenation which can be customized for different skin tones and ageing skin conditions .The result is an exceptionally effective skin rejuvenation treatment with minimal discomfort. If aging, acne, or too much time in the sun has left your face with pigmentation, scars, wrinkles, or lines, laser skin resurfacing may help your skin look younger and healthier. Limelight photo facial therapy has also been shown to help treat the reddening of the skin associated with rosacea. Limelight therapy can be performed on many areas of the body, with the most popular areas being those heavily exposed to the sun, including the face, hands, shoulders, back and arms. Laser skin resurfacing removes skin layer by layer with precision. The new skin cells that form during healing give the skin a tighter, younger looking surface. The procedure can be done alone or with other cosmetic surgeries on the face.
What does Laser Skin Rejuvenation do?
Limelight Laser Rejuvenation therapy is a quick and painless way for ridding the upper layers of the skin from any visible damage done by the sun. It is also one of the fastest methods for treating discoloration of the skin associated with rosacea. The treatment encourages collagen production around the skin’s capillaries, which can improve the youthful appearance of the skin and also help reduce enlarged pores. The benefits of the procedure begin to emerge 2 to 3 weeks after the initial treatment, with the full results being apparent after a month. Areas of dark pigmentation targeted by the treatment will begin to darken and eventually flake off within one to three weeks after the procedure. Beneath these patches will be beautiful, spot-free skin.
How long till you see results?
Four to Five treatments are usually sufficient to see results, although often additional treatments may be recommended to obtain optimal results, especially for excessively sun damaged skin. Results will vary, but most people will see a significant improvement in the condition, especially if they combine the treatment with Retinoid<Vitamin A, C, E and anti-oxidant skin care. Treatments should be 4 weeks apart.
Who can have the procedure done?
Skin types 1-4 are perfect candidates for this procedure; darker skin types (5 and 6 skin types) cannot be treated with Limelight™. In addition if there is any history of sun exposure or instant tan application to the treatment area in the previous 3 weeks, the treatment cannot be done and will have to be rescheduled
Does it hurt?
You will feel a slight irritation to the skin, but the feeling is bearable.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Apply sunscreen with at least an SPF 15 if you do need to spend time outdoors, and the area you wish to have treated with Limelight Laser rejuvenation will be exposed to UVA/UVB rays.
- Please inform your therapist if you have had sun exposure on the area to be treated in the previous 3 weeks.
- Stop using antibiotics a week before treatment as this may sensitize the skin.
- Avoid using Retinoid, Reacutan and Vitamin A 5days before the procedure.
- After laser resurfacing the skin should be kept Hydrated until healed.
- Remember to always apply a broad spectrum sunscreen when outdoors to minimize sun damage especially for 10 days after a Limelight procedure and to avoid sun exposure for at least 2 weeks after a procedure. This will also prevent further sun damage.
- For any pigmentation treatment, it is vital to use good topical pigmentation inhibition products prior to starting your treatment course, and it is advisable to continue with these products on a maintenance plan to better and maintain your results.
- Retinoid, Reacutan and Vitamin A may only be used a week after procedure.
Laser Genises- Scarring, Rosacea, Collagen production R1500