The Wembley Medispa

Blog

10 Tips for Younger, Healthier Skin.

Monday 11 June 2012

If you are still in your 20’s, be sure to appreciate what you have, because as the decades go by, you’re going to have to work harder at looking good. Efforts put in now to protect your skin will play dividends in later decades and you’ll be very glad you bothered.

During this decade of youthful promise your skin is still blissfully wrinkle-free and glowing – so be sure to enjoy it.

Your skin cells are renewing monthly and collagen levels are at an all-time high, making it the perfect time to capitalise on the fact that everything’s working in your favour.

But don’t be fooled into thinking your skin will be fresh forever, or can recover from whatever toxins you throw at it during your party decade.

Before your 20’s are out, your cell turnover rate will be starting to slow and it won’t be long before you notice a slight loss of freshness and firmness, so now’s the time to get into the habit of exfoliating your face and body a couple of times a week.

Follow these tips to maintain your healthy glow:

 

1.Establish a thorough skincare routine now. This will help you to keep looking this good for as long as possible.

2. If you invest in just one beauty product, make it a very good moisturizer with a sun protection – it’s the absolute best way to ensure your youthful looks last.

3. Wear a really good sunscreen, with an SPF of at least 15, every day of the year not only on your face but all over your body and take extra care of your neck, decollate and hands.

4. If you’re comfortable doing so, go without make-up entirely to let your skin breathe and just slather on a good SPF moisturiser to let your natural glow shine through. Alternatively, apply a light dusting of mineral make-up, which will not clog your pores.

5. You can be prone to oily skin and breakouts in this decade, so if this is a problem gets into the habit of cleansing your face twice a day with a product that contains salicylic acid to unblock pores, reduce inflammation and keep spots at bay.

6. A healthy, balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruit and veggies will keep your body working well and give you the vital vitamins and minerals you need to promote healthy skin, hair and nails.

7. If your skin is greasy, don’t use harsh products containing alcohol, as they will dry out the skin surface, and this will actually make you produce more oil to try to compensate for the dryness.

8. Your lips are at their fullest in your 20s, so all you need is a slick of lip balm or moisturising gloss to protect your youthful pout.

9. Although a little bit of a tan always make you look more healthy, but please don’t sunbathe or use sunbeds – it’s the fastest way to get wrinkles and increase your risk of skin cancer. Rather fake it or dust a little bronzer across your cheekbones and temples.

10. As far as your body at this age is concerned you’re at your physical peak right now and may feel you don’t need to bother exercising. This is a big mistake because you’ll find it harder to acquire the habit later on when exercise becomes more crucial to maintaining your body weight and contours.

11. Steer clear of faddy crash diets or you’ll be setting yourself up for a lifetime of yo-yo dieting, which isn’t healthy at all. You might lose a ton of weight consuming nothing but cabbage soup, but you’ll put it all back on again as soon as you start eating normally. Try to eat well 80% of the time and treat yourself the other 20%.

12.Develop a water habit: be sure to drink plenty of water each day to keep your body hydrated and flush out any toxins.

13. Try to eat five or six portions of fruit and veggies a day to ensure you’re getting plenty of healthy-boosting vitamins and minerals. If you get into the habit now, a balanced diet should become second nature as you get older.

14. Watch the booze; all things by all mean, but go easy on the habits that can cause lifelong damage.

15. Having said that, avoid smoking. You’ll be glad you didn’t succumb when you see your smoking friend developing crow’s feet and little smoker’s grooves along their top lips in their early 30’s while you are still wrinkle-free.

16. Get moving; take advantage of your fitness and high energy levels, and enjoy more adventurous forms of exercise.

17. At this age you’re probably at your most self-critical and lacking in confidence, but don’t let your insecurities get the better of you. Enjoy your youth and put your boundless energy to good use, setting up healthy habits that will last a lifetime.

18. There are the ‘try-out’ years, so don’t be afraid to test lots of different haircuts, make-up trends and clothes to find the style that suit you. You’ll have loads of fun along the way.

© Copyright 2016 Wembley Clinic.
SEO by iMod Digital